Caller ID

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2008

The caller id showing up on an agent's desk is the Call Control Group's # and not the actual Caller ID of the customer. Anyone know of a way to fix this.

We are using UCCx 5.0(2)_Build064

Thanks in advance,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ivillegas Tue, 07/01/2008 - 11:07

Caller ID must be forwarded out your out-bound line when it calls out to your cell phone. At the present time, it is probably taking the CID of your PRI/POTS/PSTN. There are many reasons why this will not work, but check your outbound calling circuit, and see if they allow manipulated digits. Then you need to change your gateway configuration (if H323), then change your router configuration to allow for digits if you have translation rules in place.

honniesr Wed, 07/02/2008 - 05:32

Thank you for the response!

However, I'm talking about incoming calls. :(

When the call comes into UCCx and is then handed to the agent, the number that shows up on the phone is a number from the Call Control Group range. CAD shows the correct incoming number from the outside. After that agent answers the phone, it switches over to the correct number on the phone.

I am assuming this is because UCCx is doing a consult transfer for the call.

The agents would really like the ability to just look at the phone's call log to see who they need to call back. We're pushing them to use the agent software though.

andreas.eichhor... Fri, 07/04/2008 - 23:11

Hello Robert,

we have the same problem wit incoming calls and our customers are not very amused about this missing feature. One guy from Cisco told me that there is a possibility to show the number of the original caller with a script that is not doing a consult transfer but when I asked him I got the answer that Cisco TAC is not providing scripts for UCCX. There are a lot of discussions about this missing feature in this forum but as far as I can see there is no solution until Cisco is changing it in an update.

Best regards

honniesr Wed, 07/16/2008 - 21:41

Has anyone been able to figure this piece out?

Is there a way to push the enterprise data to the phone when the call is being made? The information is showing up in CAD as the phone is ringing, so I know it's available.

Anthony Holloway Tue, 03/31/2009 - 09:44

The reason you see the CTI port DN is because the CTI port is calling the agent, not the customer.

I don't see a problem here, as the data is passed right to the agent's desktop. Why the need to see it on their phone? Unless CAD is not being used, then the agent would have to press a softkey every time to see enterprise data, but it's there.

honniesr Tue, 03/31/2009 - 10:08

Mainly because this is the way our customer's (internal) would like it. I can see it from their perspective. In our environment, they already have a lot of items opened up on their desktop and having to also look at an windows app to just answer the phone doesn't always make the most workflow sense.

Anthony Holloway Tue, 03/31/2009 - 11:08

Sounds to me like a case of "the customer is always right." Which is not true.

The whole point of moving the ACD functionality away from the phone and on to the desktop was to have more information available before, during, and after the call.

A phone is very limited, and with the desktop the sky is the limit.

The agents who are using the CAD software to just login, and then are never looking at it again throughout the whole day, are missing the point.

They might as well have purchased Standard and done away with CAD all together.

Also, if you develop a useful layout for the agent, and show them the value of the information, I'm positive they will rethink looking to the phone for caller id.

Example Layout:

Calling Number: 612-555-1212

Language: English

Client: ABC Companies

Customer: Anthony Holloway

Account: 123456

Menu Choice: 2 - Tech Support; 3 - WidgetA

And the options go on and on... There is way more value in that, than CLID on the phone.

If I seem like I took this a little serious, it's because I have. Too many times I have seen where a customer thinks they want something only because they have not been properly introduced to a better solution.

honniesr Tue, 03/31/2009 - 12:46

I guess we can just agree to disagree here. Not all implementations are the same, nor are all customer needs the same. We have shown our users exactly what you are talking about, however they have so many applications already open on their desktops that it's more of a hindrance than helpful.

This is something that all technology people struggle with. What looks better for them, may not necessarily be what's best for how the customer uses said application(s) and in turn, this is one of the items that ends up giving technical people a bad wrap due to their attitudes about those items. I for one do not think that the customer is always right, however I do believe the customer knows their own people and business processes a heck of a lot better than I do.

*shrugs* just my two cents.

chadlincoln Wed, 04/01/2009 - 12:15

The reason that it is an issue is that my client is using the Salesforce Connector. When the calls comes to them from the queue, it reads the caller ID as the CTI port number. If I call their DID, it comes in with my caller ID, thus it brings up my profile in Salesforce as well as logs the call.

This Discussion