cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPP Multilink Issue

gregwoodson
Level 1
Level 1

I have 6 T1s that are to be multilinked on a 8-T1 card on a 7206. When I have the Multilink on, all of the serial interfaces go to up/down. When I shut the multilink down, the interfaces go to up/up. Ive confirmed timing, linecode, framing. Here are the errors I get every 2 seconds:

01:44:18: Se1/0:0 MLP: Request add link to bundle

01:44:18: Se1/0:0 MLP: Adding link to bundle

01:44:18: Mu1 MLP: Added first link Se1/0:0 to bundle Core-1

01:44:18: Mu1 MLP: No previous member for idle link in 'Core-1'

01:44:18: Se1/0:0 MLP: Request drop link from bundle Mu1

01:44:18: Mu1 MLP: Removing link Se1/0:0 from bundle Core-1

01:44:18: Mu1 MLP: Dropped link Se1/0:0 from bundle Core-1

01:44:18: Mu1 MLP: Dropped last link, removing bundle Core-1

01:44:18: Mu1 MLP: Removing bundle 'Core-1'

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Greg

Are all of these T1s terminated on the same remote router? And at the time that you attempt to put these T1s into the multilink are there corresponding changes on the remote router?

Might I suggest that when you attempt to start these changes that you at first only change 1 or 2 of the T1s and leave the other T1s as independent links to preserve connectivity?

And I would also suggest that you telnet to the remote router using one the T1s that will not change (telnet to the address of a T1 that will not change) so that you can track state of the interfaces on the other router as changes are made?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Do shutdown interface s1/0:0 (Physical interface)?

If it works fine by doing shut down an interface then remove encoding framing, shut physical interface and if possible restart the router. Recreat logical interface. After it will works fine.

This sometime problem happens between Physical and logical interface in MFT card.

- Dharmesh Purohit

All of these things have been tried on 1 side- All I have left is recreating the logical interface on the carrier side. I'll update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card