Help With Holiday Script

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2008
User Badges:

Need some help with setting up a Holiday Script.I have questions like how to create the XML file and where to place it.Hope this make sense. Some step by step instructions would be GREAT.Thanks for all the help

Overall Rating: 4.5 (3 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Wed, 06/25/2008 - 11:25
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

William,

place the .xml in the program files/wfaavvid and please check the enclosed script for holiday stuff!

Please rate helpful posts!

Chad

williamsutton Thu, 06/26/2008 - 09:51
User Badges:

Question:

I have put the XML file where you told me and setup the Holidays.I want to add this to a script i already have. What is the best way to use the script you send me??

Thanks for the help

Chad Stachowicz Thu, 06/26/2008 - 10:15
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

just call a script subflow, and check the return of 1 or 0!!

HTH, please rate helpful posts!

Chad

Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 07/07/2008 - 17:57
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Be sure to load the XML file into the Document repository through appadmin.

Depending on what version of UCCX you have (5.x for sure), the contents of that folder are purged and overwritten with what is in the database at startup or reload.

This was put in place to allow for prompt/script/document/grammer replication between HA nodes since DC Directory is out of the picture and happens even if you don't have an HA configuration.

-Regards,

Jon

pbaustin Wed, 08/06/2008 - 23:05
User Badges:

Hi, I'm lost on this. Basically, I have a main script that calls the holiday script as a subflow. Both pass the validity test but, when doing a debug on the main script it fails when getting to the run subflow step with an error indicating that it can't find the dates.xml file referenced in the subflow. Now the holiday script was written originally for 3.X and I'm using 5.0(2) so not sure if that's a problem. The notes on the subscript indicates that the dates.xml file needs to go into the wfavvid directory. I have this there but I guess I need to use the document management in IPCCX to load the dates.xml file into the repositry? Question - is this right and if I do have to upload the document, which folder will I use - default,en or en_gb and what variable in the holiday script do I need to modify - if i have to to make it look at a different directory.

Thanks

paul

Actions

This Discussion