cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Unity 5.0(1) from CM 4.2(3) to CM 6.1 Integration

hlarriuz
Level 1
Level 1

The current environment is running a cluster of CM 4.2(3) with a Unity 5.0(1). We have another brand new cluster of 6.1(1) configured the same as the cluster of CM 4.2(3). We had unplugged from the network the cluster of CM 4.2(3) and Unity and tested all the functionality of the new cluster CM 6.1(1) except the integration with Unity since we only have one box and planning to keep it in that hardware (was upgraded recently).

We already configured in the new cluster of CM 6.1(1) all the Unity integration information the same way is currently configured in the cluster of CM 4.2(3): MWI, Voice-Mail Pilot, Voice-Mail Ports, Line Groups and assigned the Voice-Mail profiles on the DN.

Next step will be to shutdown the cluster of CM 4.2(3), bring up the new cluster of CM 6.1(1) and change the configuration on the Unity 5.0(1) box to point to the new cluster. Everything else on the Unity box will stay the same (exchange server, subscribers, etc)

Should I run the Configuration Assistant (Cisco Unity Telephony Integration Manager) for the previous step or should I make the changes manually?

Any tips/problems on this last step? Any documents pointing to the specific scenario

above (change the Unity from integration with one CM to another)? Any tools?

Any comments, suggestions or hints will be gladly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

I would just run Cisco Unity Telephony Integration Manager again as a new integration. Deleting the old integration and creating the new one on the fly only take a few minutes, I wouldn't sweat it much dude! I think you have covered your bases more then enough... :)

HTH,

Chad

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

I would just run Cisco Unity Telephony Integration Manager again as a new integration. Deleting the old integration and creating the new one on the fly only take a few minutes, I wouldn't sweat it much dude! I think you have covered your bases more then enough... :)

HTH,

Chad

just make sure to add unity as an application server before doing the integration, i don't see you mention that step

if you don't add it CUCM will not accept communication from that server, not sure if there is already a unity 4.x/5.x, in case there is not just add the unity option you see

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: