Helpful
Replies

How long does Unity Keep messages by default

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I am running Unity 5.0

How long does it keep messages by default and how long does it keep deleted items?

Is it forever, unless you run the message store manager, or is there a setting in unity that i can say, keep messages for x # of days.

thanks

8 Replies 8

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Messages you either have to do it in AD/Exchange or MSM like you said. Unity SA does have settings on the configuration page but they are not for messages. :-(

RLP

Oh yea I AD/Exchange is more global. MSM is awesome, you have choices of who what where and when.

I am sure you know this and have this.

http://ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

watch the videos and read the help file.

rlp

thanks guys,

are there any defaults in Unity that would delete messages automatically or do they stay there forever unless you run those tools?

they do not stay in there forever if there are exchange limits. my company there is not and there are mailboxes with over 10 years of email and vm. Want to know the issues that causes?

Unity logon delays

rlp

ahh, so if they hit limits then it would start to clear items.

I have a new install of VM only unity and the customer was wondering if it automatically deleted items or if we needed to setup to clear them. I've done plenty of installs but was drawing a blank when it comes to unity deleting VM's

so I am looking at exchange limits right now. First you have storage limits where it will prohibit send or send and recieve. It will warn too.

Then you have deletion settings. Looks like default is 7 days Keep deleted items and for and 30 days Keep deleted mailboxes????

These might not be the defaults if someone has been on my exchange server. :-)

rlp ---- please rate

you can configure some settings from the Message Store Manager for that

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I sent that link earlier.

rlp