cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM not discovering devices

mburrell5
Level 1
Level 1

Using DFM 3.0.3 as part of LMS 3.0.1 Have imported all devices into DFM from DCR and have enabled snmp traps to the LMS host on devices however if I initiate a rediscovery in DFM it eventually comes back with all devices Questioned. The failure error is DataCollector request timeout(internal problem). Any ideas where I should be looking for this problem?? It would appear that most devices were discovered at an earlier date but none except additional devices have a discovery date beyond 8 Jan 2008 which is when we upgraded from LMS 3.0 to 3.0.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sfenderson
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same problem. This is a known defect, see bug CSCsi01966 for details. TAC gave me a patch for this problem. The bug description also contains a workaround but the problem will come back again without the patch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sfenderson
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same problem. This is a known defect, see bug CSCsi01966 for details. TAC gave me a patch for this problem. The bug description also contains a workaround but the problem will come back again without the patch.

Thanks, I will log a TAC call, in the meantime the workaround has fixed it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: