Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Whitelisting" some profanity words for certain us

I have a requirement to allow a group of people transact with an external company bypassing some of the words in the Profanity dictionary. I only want this for one group of people. Is this a case of creating a dictionary less the offending words just for that group or can I get it via other filtering.
I want to apply all the other existing filtering to their mail.
Thanks

4 Replies 4

Wargot_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

If i understadn you correctly you want to bypass just some of the words in your current dictionary and not all of them?

If this is the case then I beleive the only way to do it is to create a new dictionary, Content Filter and inbound and Outbound Mail Flow policy using the new Content Filter and then apply this policy just to the people in question (LDAP Group is the easiest way to do it if you can).

If i understadn you correctly you want to bypass just some of the words in your current dictionary and not all of them? 

That is correct.

Admission. A colleague here + myself had been trying a test policy with test filter as follows
Condition
body-contains("blacklisted word")
attachment-contains("blacklisted word")
Action
deliver()
The policy executes this filter instead of the Profanity and also has other Content Filters checked on. The policy was always higher than Default.
When I posted initially I believed we had this test filter higher than the default profanity filter in the new policy but not so, or possibly we hadn't the 2nd condition "Committed". Profanity had been unchecked. On moving it above Profanity it does now allow mail out with the desired word whilst blocking the rest of the word list and applying the other required filters.

Despite all of the above whilst it is working in the above form would the new dictionary applied to the group be a better method (less invasive on resources,execution time etc) for tackling this.

Once again many thanks

Wargot_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I think it is one of those things that comes down to prefferance and ease of management.

We have a number of our content filters that we do not want applied to emails going to specific groups of people.

To do this, we have create a number of new Mail Policies that use the Default Anti-Spam, Anti-virus and VOF settings. we have then excluded the content filters e do not want applied to these messages.

Membership of this Mail Policies is managed by an LDAP group. So instead of having to make any changes to the boxes (and go through our Change Process), we can just add and removed people from the various LDAP groups.

Thanks for your advise in this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: