AMD leakage & dear air on outbound calls

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi All,

We have the following components with Cisco Outbound option setup with CPA and AMD

IPCC 7.2

CVP 3.1

UCM 4.1

We are running IVR based campaign with progressive dialing mode. There are two problems,

Firstly, we can see a lot of Answering machine leakages happening and calls being transferred to the Agents

Secondly, Calls being transferred to agents after a positive voice detection having dead air.

Can someone offer any help on the above.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Riccardo Bua Thu, 06/26/2008 - 02:00
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Mohsin,

on the first problem I am understanding you are still seeing a lot of AMD calls being wrongly identified as voice and transferred to the agent, well there is not a lot that could be done on this, it is truly depending on how those calls are detected.

For the failing transfers with dead air check what is your SR level on CVP? Should be SR2, go on the latest CCM SR on your system too, if this still happens, check on the call flow and look for any MTP missing for those calls transferred. If none of this does you should proceed raising a TAC SR.

Regards,

Riccardo

mohsin.kazi Sat, 06/28/2008 - 12:58
User Badges:

Thanks for your response ricardo.

The CPA settings on the dialer are

CPAMinSilencePeriod 600

CPAAnalysisPeriod 2500

CPAMaxTimeAnalysis 4000

CPANoiseThresholdPeriod 100

CPAMinimumValidSpeech 112

CPAMaxNoiseFloor 10000

CPAMinNoiseFloor 1000

CPAJitterBufferDelay 150

CPAActiveThreshold 32

CPAMaxTermToneAnalysis 2500

We had enabled CPA recording to check for the audio content and based on what the CPA does the analysis and sends a PVD or AM detect message. Most of the recorded files just had a "Hello". Does this mean that for greetings with just "hello" the CPA sends a Positive VOice detection.

Also, another interesting thing is that majority of the calls with AMD leakage and Dead air happen only during 9 - 11 am (EST).

Component version

Cisco IPCC (ipcc v7.2 SR4)

Cisco CVP (3.1 SR2 ES7)

Cisco Callmanager (4.2(3) es21)

Content Switches sg0750103 (07.50.1.03)

Cisco IOS gateways 12.4(7c)

Cisco IOS Gatekeepers Experimental Version 12.4(20061004:182434) [ivarghis-V124_3E_AAA_GK 108]

Also, Wht traces should i be looking at for Missing MTP?

Riccardo Bua Mon, 06/30/2008 - 04:43
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Mohsin,

one of the logical assumption of AMD is that short voice detection means VOICE and long voice message means AM, by using hello as your message you are bringing this to a fault by yourself.

Regards,

Riccardo

mohsin.kazi Mon, 06/30/2008 - 05:12
User Badges:

I understand why these calls are leaking, however is there a way we can disconnect such calls. Can we further fine tune the CPA settings to filter such calls and disconnect them.

How do i check for missing MTP's for calls with dead air ?

Thanks-

Mohsin Kazi

Riccardo Bua Mon, 06/30/2008 - 05:17
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

There is no fine tuning you could do to detect also short announcements, that I know off.

On the MTP you need to make an estimate:

You will need the "Max" transfer rate and how long it will stay at CVP (AHT). Multiply those two items will get you an max of outstanding calls that require MTP.

If you only have the "avg" transfer rate and assuming a good estimate for AHT, you can use the avg trans rate/sec * AHT and add more MTP (30%-50%)

Regards,

Riccardo

mohsin.kazi Mon, 06/30/2008 - 05:31
User Badges:

Thanks for your response, Is there a way we can actually check if MTP resources are currently undersized.

What i mean to ask is, what callmanager traces should i be looking at for that ?

Mohsin Kazi

Riccardo Bua Mon, 06/30/2008 - 05:40
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The Call Manager traces might show a media connection error, that would mean that you are running into MTP issues.

Regards,

Riccardo

mohsin.kazi Tue, 07/01/2008 - 06:06
User Badges:

Hi ricardo,

We are running a Progressive IVR based campaign, however there is a slight difference, we do a Queue to skill and then t.route to the CVP.

Most of the CPA recordings that we see on the Dialer are silent. And we can see that these calls are leaking through the dialer to the Agent.

We have also applied the Fix for the Bug: Lowenergy or No Voice on Call, still we can see calls with Absolute Silence leaking through.

There are 2 problems now,

1. Calls with dead air at the CPA

2. These dead air calls leaking from CPA

For the first issue, you mentioned that there can be missing MTP's. We are using g711 end to end, would MTP's be used in the first place? Unless the call was queued at the CVP. However we can see the CPA recordings ar Silent before it even hits the Agent or is held in the queue.

Actions

This Discussion