Views
Helpful
Replies

Addition of CCM 4.3 subscriber to existing cluster

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Just a quick question.

Is is a must to add a new 4.3 subscriber to existing cluster in non-production hours, to avoid putting any load on publisher? or this is a recommended way?

Can't we add the new subscriber to existing cluster in production hours .Does this/Can this cause any issues on the publisher, existing production functioning?

thanks

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajesh,

This really should be done in non-production hours. After the build of the new Subscriber all servers in the cluster will need to be booted;

Adding New Subscriber Servers to the Cluster After the Installation

If you need to add servers to the cluster, perform the following tasks:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution If you changed any NT Service passwords on the servers in the cluster, you must use the password utility to reset the passwords to the default by using the Admin Utility. The installation fails if you do not perform this task.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Install the operating system on the subscriber server(s) by using the Cisco-provided operating system disks and the operating system documentation.

2. Verify that you configured name resolution, for example, DNS, before you install Cisco Unified CallManager.

3. Install Cisco Unified CallManager on the subscriber server(s) by using the Cisco Unified CallManager Installation, Upgrade, and Recovery Disk.

Make sure that you enter the publisher database server name correctly, so authentication to the publisher database server can occur.

4. Upgrade to the version of Cisco Unified CallManager that currently runs in the cluster.

5. Install the same Cisco Unified CallManager service release and operating system hotfixes/service patch that you have applied to the existing cluster.

6. Reboot all nodes in the cluster.

From this good CCM 4.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/4_3/cm431ins.html#wp534948

Hope this helps!

Rob

just to add to the great info from Rob the only thing i could think of that could affect would be the time it takes for the replication to push the info from DB to the new SUB some CPU usage, but other than that there should be no service affection on the other servers.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Regarding the same issue,

My cluster had 4.2(3)sr4 software.

and i need to install 4.2(1) on my subscriber, after that i will upgrade it to 4.2(3)sr4

does it work ? or should i install 4.2(3)sr4 from the begining ?

Thanks

no, you need at least the same version meaning 4.2(3) you cannot use 4.2(1)

HTH

java

HTH

java

But in the documentation of installing new subscriber

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/4_2/cm423ins.html#wp534948

in adding new subscriber to existing cluster section. point number (4) it says "Upgrade to the version of Cisco Unified CallManager that currently runs in the cluster. "

so it is supposed that the instalation of the new sub is not the same version as in pub. am i right ? or am i understanding this point wrongly ?

Regards

If u have 4.2(3) in PUB

you need 4.2(3) media

Lets say you have 4.2(3)sr4 in PUB

you need 4.2(3) media for SUB then install SR

You cannot do 4.2(1) since its not a base version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: