Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3641 Routers password problem

Dear sirs ,

i have a cisco 3641 router and from the last two days i am not able to telnet this router.

certainly the passwords are changed. i dont know how they changed ?

could you please telll me any way to sort out this.

Regards

sanju kumar

5 Replies 5

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sanju ,

If u really don't know the passwords configured on the router then you can go for password recovery procedure in case password recovery is enabled on your router.

Check the below link for password recovery.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_password_recovery09186a0080094774.shtml

you are not able to do telnet is becasue vty lines may not be purged out.

If you are able to login into router using console give the command "clear line " to clear idle vty sessions.

Tks,

satish

Hi Sanju,

As Sathish suggested you need to follow the procedure he mentioned in the link to recover the password.

Thought the following link would be helpful in case you want to do password recovery for other products -

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/index.shtml

Using the link above you can browse to the password recovery procedure for most of the Cisco devices.

-> Sushil

Dear sushil

Hi thanks for that link.

my question is that after reovering the password router configuration has changed or not?

please suggest me

regards

sanju kumar

Sanju

Password recovery does not change the router configuration you already have. All it does is allow you to gain access to your router without having to type in your existing passwords. Once in you can then reset the passwords but the rest of your configuration will stay the same.

Jon

dear jon

thanks for this valuable tip

thanks a lot

regards

sanju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card