CTI Os agent cannot login anymore.

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2008

Hi Cisco Engineers,

Can anyone please help me, why one of my CTI OS agent cannot login anymore into his pc, after changing the ip phone from 7960 to 7940,

I think im missing with some configuration with the ccm or Admin workstation?

i already associated the new 7940 to the CCM under USER - "add new user".

Please advice.

Thanks,

lester

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rbua Thu, 06/26/2008 - 01:53

Hi Lester,

did you change his extension number? If so do you have a device target specified for the new phone?

Regards,

Riccardo

lesterccna Thu, 06/26/2008 - 02:36

Hi Riccardo,

I only change the physical phone from 7960 to a 7940 the rest which is the directory number are the same..

I went to Admin workstation and tried to reconfigure the device target, but still the same.

the error from the user PC CTIos agent is

CTI warning.

IPCC Error [12005] login could not be performed. Possible causes are invalid instrument; media termination problem or other CM issue.

Thanks,

lester

rbua Thu, 06/26/2008 - 02:43

Hi Lester,

try deassociate and reassociate the phone from the JTAPI user monitoring in the Call Manager administration, it seems that when JTAPI GW is looking for the extension it is not finding it the monitored ones.

If that is not enough try restarting the CTI Manager service on the Call Manager.

Regards,

Riccardo

Chad Stachowicz Thu, 06/26/2008 - 10:15

Here is my secret!!! If you change the MAC Address on any phone that is associate to PG User. It gets locked up in the PG, and you either need to restart the PG Server, OR delete the agent / device target in Configuration manager, and re-add it to force the PG to update. The proper procedure for switching a phone out is to disassociate it from pguser before, or this typically always happen, always see it when people are moving around phones for training.

HTH, please rate helpful posts..

Chad

Actions

This Discussion