cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling number not displaying in MGCP gateway..

rv_viji
Level 1
Level 1

The calling number is not getting displayed for the outgoing calls which go through the MGCP gateway..

I have taken a isdn q931 debug when we try to make outgoing call from our ip phone, the output is as below...

*Jun 25 19:42:25: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0001

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839F

Exclusive, Channel 31

Display i = 'Sohel Ahmed'

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '99384599'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

*Jun 25 19:42:25: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- STATUS pd = 8 callref = 0x8001

Cause i = 0x829F - Normal, unspecified

Call State i = 0x01

*Jun 25 19:42:25: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x8001

Channel ID i = 0xA9839F

Exclusive, Channel 31

*Jun 25 19:42:29: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0x8001

Progress Ind i = 0x8488 - In-band info or appropriate now available

you can see that the debug shows the called party number which I'm calling from my ip phone, but it is not at all displaying the calling party number which should be my extension number...

Due to this when the other end party recevies our call it displays our pilot number instead of the individual extension number...

can someone give your inputs on this...

14 Replies 14

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Gateway Configuration-> select your ISDN interface-> Outbound Calls-> "Caller ID DN field" configure the Caller ID.

You can also do this on the Route List configuration page. The Gateway config overwrite the RL config.

It has been already configured.. but same issue...

where are you setting the calling number in CUCM??

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes, I'm setting in the CUCM, in the gateway configuration only...

On the Gateway Configuration-> Outbound Calls-> what did you set for "Calling Party Presentation" if it is restricted you need to change it to "Default"

Yes, it is set to default..

Infact following are the configurations set in the Gateway Configuration-->Outbound Calls...

Calling Line ID Presentation --> Default

Calling Party Selection --> Originator

Called party IE number type unknown --> Cisco CallManager

Calling party IE number type unknown --> Cisco CallManager

Called Numbering Plan --> Cisco CallManager

Calling Numbering Plan --> Cisco CallManager

Number of digits to strip --> 0

Called ID DN --> 254XXXXX

SMDI Base port --> 0

So if you are calling from say 55000 from you IP phone, the called party should get 25455000.

Can you now tell us if that is the case? or what number get displayed on the Called party phone?

The called party gets the display on his/her phone/mobile our pilot number (ie 25446600)..

but ideally the called party should get in thier display the extension number of the ip phone from which the call was made.. for example it should be displayed 25446605 if the call was made from the extension 6605..

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the E1/T1 card on the gateway to see if the CLI has been set to restrited?

how can we check in the gateway?? did u mean the gateway configuration in the CUCM ?? if so I have done it and it is set to default..

post the sh run of the gateway please ;)

Hi, Sorry I had not read the other post and I can see that you had enabled it.

Have you tried to see the call flow on Dialed Number Analysiser on the CallManager, this will confirm you configuration. If this is ok, enable trace and view the call using VLT (downloadable from Cisco).

You may also want to check with your provider, to see if your PRI is enabled to send out the DID's on outbound caller id, or if its just set to send out the billing telephone number.

Try changing your GW config for the PRI outbound calling: Calling party IE number type unknown to national and the Calling Numbering Plan to national standard. This should fix your problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: