cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network-clock-select....

hellspire69_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys just a quick query to be honest, after checking my gateways that were configured by another company I have seen a very high amount of slip secs between 33-316.. I have now provided the correct clokcing to the El Controller and they are at 0, but my question is would such a high number of Slip Secs been causing a issue?

Many Thanks in advance.. :D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mainly, they cause fax and modem to fail. Human voice is not affected.

Please rate if it helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mainly, they cause fax and modem to fail. Human voice is not affected.

Please rate if it helps!

Thanks very much :)

No sweat, thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

Sorry to be a pain in the backside, and all your help was grately appreciated I just had one query.. Im trying to work out the difference between "clock source line primary" and " network-clock participate" and the ramifications.. of not having either Thank you so much in advance :))

Dan

Hi, the network-clock commands defines which cards participate in chassis clock system and what are the clock sources to it.

The clock source commands under controlled defined which clock is used for the circuits.

So they are related but each has a specific purpose.

I see I think I understand, so the network-clock commands specify where the initial clocking comes from as a whole? where as the clock source specifys the actual circuit that the clocking will be provided on..?

Yes, basically. You set clock source different than default only for special cases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: