lbs calibration

Unanswered Question
Jun 26th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello,

Does anyone know how long the data collection process takes during the calibration process for lbs? I have read in the design guide (4.1) that it can take up to "a few minutes". Is this per data collection point? If so, how far apart are these suggested data collection points?

Thanks,

Justin

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 06/26/2008 - 03:26
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

It's for each data collection point. I have tried this running WLC 4.1.112 and LA 3.1.36 and applied to to 8 floors. The result was worse than when I let the LA do it's own calibration it has. So I ened up removing the calibration from the map. I tried it again with another client and got the same results.... worse than if I left it alone. Try it on a certain floor first and compare before you complete everything.

jcetkoooo Thu, 06/26/2008 - 05:12
User Badges:

Ok thanks for the input.

One more question. I will be using AeroScout Mobile View as well. I imagine that the calibration process would be the same (via the WCS)?

Scott Fella Thu, 06/26/2008 - 05:17
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

It might be slightly different. find out from AeroScout regarding their best practice.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode