cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 6500 - strange effects when removing/adding ACLs

IgorHamzic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.I'm witnessing a strange effect when removing and then adding an ACL on my Catalyst 6500 vlan interface.Here's the sh run int vlan58 command:

interface Vlan58

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252

ip access-group Vlan58_in in

ip access-group Vlan58_out out

ip helper-address x.x.x.x

no ip unreachables

ip directed-broadcast

ip pim dense-mode

ip inspect permit_all in

ip inspect permit_all out

ip route-cache flow

ip igmp access-group 21

The problem appears when I remove both ACL's and I put them back.Everything behaves as normal when I return the Vlan58_out ACL but when I return the Vlan58_in ACL I get cut off from the switches beyond the interface.Funny thing is I can still the ping switches(3 in all) but can't telnet to them.Users on those switches also have problems accessing some resources.Could ip inspect or some other command be causing such a problem?

2 Replies 2

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like its an issue with the Vlan58_in ACL; can you post it?

I'm currently not at work and don't have the access to the switch.I will post when I get to work.

The thing is that the access-list wasn't changed when I removed it then put it back, it stayed the same and I didn't observe such problems before.In fact the whole configuration of the VLAN interface hasn't changed in quite some time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card