cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

consultative transfer with 7931 line buttons

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. I've got a 7931 configured as our reception phone (2801 CCME system). If I program the line monitor buttons to monitor calls, they work great. i can call someone simply by pressing one of the buttons up the side, or via the soft menu keys.

Great.

However, I can only consultativley transfer a call if I manually type in the recipient's number; if I simply press transfer then one of the line buttons there is no consultative transfer, the call simply routes that way.

How do I get a consultative transfer by using the line buttons?

I have:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 201

pickup-group 1

label 201

name Reception

call-forward busy 206

call-forward noan 206 timeout 10

ephone 1

mac-address 0021.5504.1850

username "reception" password null

type 7931

button 1:1 2m4 3m7 4m6

button 5m5 6m8 7m9

and ...

transfer-system full-consult

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Huw,

Hope things are going well for you :)

Maybe this is what you are looking for;

Consult Transfer Support for Direct Station Select

For CME 3.2 and later versions, consult transfers can take place during direct station select. The default behavior is a blind transfer. Direct station select is a functionality that allows phone users to transfer calls to idle monitor lines. A monitor line is a line that is shared by two people. Only one person can make and receive calls on the shared line at a time, while the other person, whose line is in monitor mode, is able to see that the line is in use.

Consult transfers to monitor lines are performed with the following steps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Answer the incoming call.

Step 2 Press the Trnsfer (transfer) soft key.

Step 3 If the monitor lamp is off, press the monitor-line button.

Step 4 Announce the call.

Step 5 Place the handset on hook or press the Trnsfer soft key a second time to transfer the call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the person sharing the monitor line does not want to accept the call, the person announcing the call can reconnect to the incoming call by pressing the EndCall soft key to terminate the announcement call and pressing the Resume soft key to reconnect to the original caller.

Direct station select consult transfer is enabled with the addition of the dss keyword to the transfer-system full-consult command, which defines the call transfer method for all lines served by the router.

So you need this setting;

**transfer-system full-consult dss

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Huw,

Hope things are going well for you :)

Maybe this is what you are looking for;

Consult Transfer Support for Direct Station Select

For CME 3.2 and later versions, consult transfers can take place during direct station select. The default behavior is a blind transfer. Direct station select is a functionality that allows phone users to transfer calls to idle monitor lines. A monitor line is a line that is shared by two people. Only one person can make and receive calls on the shared line at a time, while the other person, whose line is in monitor mode, is able to see that the line is in use.

Consult transfers to monitor lines are performed with the following steps:

Step 1 Answer the incoming call.

Step 2 Press the Trnsfer (transfer) soft key.

Step 3 If the monitor lamp is off, press the monitor-line button.

Step 4 Announce the call.

Step 5 Place the handset on hook or press the Trnsfer soft key a second time to transfer the call.

If the person sharing the monitor line does not want to accept the call, the person announcing the call can reconnect to the incoming call by pressing the EndCall soft key to terminate the announcement call and pressing the Resume soft key to reconnect to the original caller.

Direct station select consult transfer is enabled with the addition of the dss keyword to the transfer-system full-consult command, which defines the call transfer method for all lines served by the router.

So you need this setting;

**transfer-system full-consult dss

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

indeed that worked ! these 2801's are a bit of a learing curve for a boy used to UC520's!

Cheers for your help mate!

Hey Huw,

Good stuff buddy! Every day is a huge learning curve for me as well (so don't feel alone :)

Cheers to you as well!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: