Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT with CCM5.1.3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I am trying to use BAT to add new phones, however I get the following errors..

Insert Phones - All Details

Begin Time : 06/26/2008 16:20:31

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/all/bat1.txt

Failure Details :

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1231123245AB DEVICE :: Error : 407 The Model type for the specified Product type was not found

1231123425AB DEVICE :: Error : 407 The Model type for the specified Product type was not found

Result Summary :

INSERT for 0 PHONES passed.

INSERT for 2 PHONES failed.

End Time : 06/26/2008 16:20:32

Here are the steps I used.

1. Downloaded the BAT.xlt

2. After adding my entries, I exported to BAT format.

3. Uploaded the file and ran the job

However I do not know how to input the phone model type.

when I added 7960 on the select Model Column, I get same error, I tries Cisco 7960 too same error.

Is there something else to do to add the phone type?

Please rate all useful posts
17 Replies 17

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try 7960G

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

same error...No joy!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Deji,

Hope all is well my friend! Did you create a Template for the 7960?

BAT Configuration Process

BAT uses a multistep process to prepare the bulk configuration transaction. BAT uses a Bulk Administration menu options, to guide you through the configuration tasks. The BAT process includes these tasks:

1. Set up the template for data input.

2. Define a format for the CSV data file.

3. Collect the data for each device in the bulk transaction.

4. Upload the data files choosing the relevant target and function for the transaction.

5. Validate the data input files with the Cisco Unified CallManager database.

6. Submit jobs for execution.

7. Schedule jobs.

8. Execute jobs to insert the devices into the Cisco Unified CallManager database.

Using BAT Templates

As the first task in the BAT configuration process, you set up a template for the devices that you are configuring. You specify the type of phone or device that you want to add or modify, and then you create a BAT template that has features that are common to all the phones or devices in that bulk transaction.

You can create BAT templates for the following types of device options:

•Phones: All Cisco Unified IP Phone models and Cisco ATA 186, Cisco VGC phones, CTI ports, and H.323 clients.

•Gateways: Cisco VG200 and Cisco Catalyst 6000 FXS Analog Interface Module

•User Device Profiles: Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 series and Cisco SoftPhone

Define a BAT template by specifying values in the template fields that will be common to all the devices in the bulk transaction. The BAT template fields require similar values to those that you enter when you are adding a device in Cisco Unified CallManager Administration.

Prior to creating the BAT template, make sure settings such as device pools, locations, calling search spaces, button templates, and softkey templates have already been configured in Cisco Unified CallManager Administration.

After you create a BAT template, you save it with a name. Later in the configuration process, you associate the template name with the CSV data file. The system stores the templates, so they are reusable for future bulk transactions. For example, you can configure a Cisco IP Phone 7960 template with a specific button template and calling search space and then configure another Cisco IP Phone 7960 template with a different button template and the Extension Mobility feature enabled. When you need to add a large number of phones with the same configuration, you can reuse the existing BAT template.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_1_3/t01batow.html#wp1040070

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_1_3/t03phtmp.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_1_3/t03inph.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, thanks for this excellent doc. However I did try to use a phone template I created, but I get this error:

Insert Phones - Specific Details

Begin Time : 06/26/2008 17:19:41

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/specific/bat5.txt

Failure Details :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1231123245AB Line number 1 is not configured on the template.

1231123425AB Line number 1 is not configured on the template.

Result Summary :

End Time : 06/26/2008 17:19:42

I do not believe I have to configure DN on each phone template. Because then the Purpose of BAT will be defeated...is there something I am missing

Hi Deji,

You are most welcome, but obviously this didn't help :(

Go back and have a close look at the template you created. Specifically look at the number of lines you setup for this Template (1-6). You need to match the Template # of lines with what you have configured in the .csv

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Even after I added a 2nd line to the csv file to match the Phone template line numbers, it still failed with the same error..

Begin Time : 06/26/2008 17:35:15

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/specific/bat6.txt

Failure Details :

1231123425AB Line number 1 is not configured on the template.

Result Summary :

End Time : 06/26/2008 17:35:18

However when I added a DN to the phone template line, it went ok. But the trouble is that. I will then manually need to add DN for 80-100 phones, which I believe shouldnt be..

Hi Deji,

I don't think so :) The DN entered via the .csv will override the template info. Give it a try.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

The file I am using is not a .csv. it is a .txt. This is the file created using the bat.xlt file. Is this a problem. I have tried using the DN in the .txt file...and no joy!

is the bat.xlt the one from that specific CUCM version?? i mean did you downloaded it from that server?

can you upload the csv?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi,

attached is the CSV file.

When I did a validate on the file I got this error:

Validate Phones - Specific Details

Begin Time : 06/26/2008 18:07:12

Failure Details :

Device Name/MAC Address Error Code Error Description

2001 CSV contains more number of lines than are supported by the phone template.

Result Summary :

VALIDATE for 0 PHONE passed.

VALIDATE for 2 PHONE failed.

End Time : 06/26/2008 18:07:13

open the file, press ctrl + end

delete the last row that is there and try again

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

after deleting the last row ( i believe this is the row that points to the 2nd phone)(i have atatched the new file)

I still get this error:

Begin Time : 06/26/2008 18:20:45

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/specific/bat7.txt

Failure Details :

Result Summary :

INSERT for 1 PHONES failed.

End Time : 06/26/2008 18:20:45

still blanks on the file, do not leave blanks, when you press ctrl + end you should be at the last char of the 2nd line

verify the configuration of line 1 on your template

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi,

Now I have removed all the blanks. Yet teh error about line 1 on the tyemplate is still there.

"1231123245AB Line number 1 is not configured on the template"

The only way I have managed to avoid the error is by configuring a DN on the Line 1 of the Phone template I am using.

If this is the way its designed to work, then it does not help beacuse imagine that I have 100 phones each with 2 DN, I will have to configure 200 Phones, which defeats the purpose of BAT

attached is the new file, no blanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: