cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN, Internet traffic, and Split Tunnels

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

Please attached picture because I hope that explains what I really want to do, but here is the break down.

When a Client VPN connects for remote access to 1-ASA5510 I want all Internet traffic to be sent to 2-ASA5510 instead of back out the default route. When it goes out 2-ASA5510 it crosses through out Content filter. 2-ASA5510 has Split Tunnel set up and we are trying to do away with SPlit Tunnel.

I hope this is clear enough.

Any ideas would be helpfull

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Dan,

Tricky but do-able! Firstly there is a nice feature in the ASA that allows remote proxy configuration on a per VPN profile basis:-

group-policy <> attributes

msie-proxy method use-server

msie-proxy server value x.x.x.x

msie-proxy local-bypass enable

Yep you guessed it - only works on Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I don't think any policy based routing would work for you - bummer.

But you could try another feature - tunneled traffic, which is normaly used in the EasyVPN topllogy:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6635/ps6659/prod_white_paper0900aecd8060b477.html

ASA configuration right at the bottom, I would probably test this with the IP address of the 2651 router!

HTH.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Dan,

Tricky but do-able! Firstly there is a nice feature in the ASA that allows remote proxy configuration on a per VPN profile basis:-

group-policy <> attributes

msie-proxy method use-server

msie-proxy server value x.x.x.x

msie-proxy local-bypass enable

Yep you guessed it - only works on Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I don't think any policy based routing would work for you - bummer.

But you could try another feature - tunneled traffic, which is normaly used in the EasyVPN topllogy:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6635/ps6659/prod_white_paper0900aecd8060b477.html

ASA configuration right at the bottom, I would probably test this with the IP address of the 2651 router!

HTH.

try to make static route on the windows pc itself

with route add 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 defaultgateway

while it is not scaleable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: