Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 move SQL database

mlong0000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a unity 5 installation but the drive is running out of space. There is a spare drive with plenty of space. Exchange is sitting on the same drive that is running out of space (as is the CommServer folder).

Anyone know of a procedure for this.

Thanks

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Michael,

Check in the install guide it shows how to use OSQL step by step in order to move a database. This is a standard Procedure on any Unity installation with 8 drives!!

HTH, please rate helpful psots!

Chad

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Michael,

Check in the install guide it shows how to use OSQL step by step in order to move a database. This is a standard Procedure on any Unity installation with 8 drives!!

HTH, please rate helpful psots!

Chad

Hi Chad

thanks for the reply. What else could be moved to the new drive which could possibly fill up the original drive again.

log files for SQL. How many drives do you have.. partitions? Also exchange tmp db can be moved..

HTH,

Chad

yeah Im wondering about logs I see in c:\program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA

They are taking up about 2Gb

I have 2 partitions.

generally I have sql and exchange + sql logs on one drive, and exchange db on the other.

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: