cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS password policies

jdevoll
Level 1
Level 1

I need to set the following password policies for accounts on ACS, where do I go to configure these? 1. password min 8 char 2.password alphanumeric 3. do not allow last 4 password, 4. after x unsuccessful logins, lock account for 5 minutes. On item #4, I know how to lock the account after x, unsuccessful logins. It's the "re-enable account after 5 minutes" that I'm having a hard time with.

5 Replies 5

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

ACS system configuration--->Local password management.

Our options are,

Password Validation Options

* Password length between X and Y characters. Type the minimum and maximum number of characters that you want to require for the user's password, or leave the numbers set to the default of 4 and 32 characters.

* Password may not contain the username. Select this check box to require that the user's password does not contain the username anywhere within it.

* Password is different from the previous value. Select this check box to require the user's new password to be different from the previous password.

* Password must be alphanumeric. Select this check box to require the user's password to contain both letters and numbers

Option 4> "re-enable account after 5 minutes" in not available.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

This sets password policy for ACS administration, not for ACS user accounts (TACACS+/RADIUS users). Is there a way to set password policy on ACS user accounts?

No , it sets for acs internal user and NOT for administrator.

For admins you set it up at acs----->administrators---->password policy.

Regards,

~JG

Ah...excellent. With all of the security compliance going around these days it would seem that a top priority would be extending the password requirements to include the full set of features I initially was asking about. Do you know if any of these is on the Dev road map for ACS and if so, an approximate date we'll see these features in the product?

It is surely in the road map. We should see it in upcoming releases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: