cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

make IP Phone to dial helpdesk once taken off hook

imuonagor
Level 1
Level 1

My management wants me to install IP Phone for customers at a branch and make the phone to automatically dial the helpdesk IP Phone once customer lifts the ear piece (phone goes off hook). We use Call Manager 5.0 and the phones are 7911 models. Please assist. Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if you followed the doc EXACTLY as explained it should be working. how do you check??? go to the TP and note the partition, then go to the hotdial phone and check the CSS to make sure that the partition is the only one.

then make sure the TP has a CSS that can reach the phone you want to ring.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

Configure the line / phone in a CSS say "PLAR_CSS"

This CSS will contain only one partition say "PLAR_Partition"

Configure a translation pattern in this partition. This pattern will be blank and called party transform mask will be your helpdesk number.

Any off hook condition will always hit this translation pattern and will dial helpdesk number.

full instructions here:

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I configured these using the guide. But when I lift the earpiece it gives busy tone. The hotdial number is working from other numbers. The doc says to 'Ensure that the Hotdial number belongs to a partition that is in the PLAR phone's CSS, HotdialCSS'. Could that be the cause? How do i check this? We use Call manager version 5.0.4.2000-1. Thanks again.

if you followed the doc EXACTLY as explained it should be working. how do you check??? go to the TP and note the partition, then go to the hotdial phone and check the CSS to make sure that the partition is the only one.

then make sure the TP has a CSS that can reach the phone you want to ring.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Thank you so much! I used a CSS of the HotdialCSS in the translation pattern. I've changed it to Restricted and it's working. Thanks a million!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: