Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS SIP Proxy + Centralized Dial Plan

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

All,

So I have an interesting design question to pose, and would love some feedback. Basically we have 2 CUPS SIP Proxy servers we are putting in for CVP, and the more I have been playing with them for CVP, the more I see the power of a SIP Proxy. I already have a trunk configured from CCM to the proxy for agent transfers in CVP, and I am thinking about expanding the SIP Proxy usage to centralize the entire clusters dial plan. The design I have made already encompasses all incoming calls through the SIP Proxy. However regarding outbound calls I do have some questions.

Let's say I have a SIP Proxy route a local 10 digit call to the appropraite gateway for TEHO, and when it arrive it hunt thought all the PRI's only to find they are all busy. Is SIP Smart enough to notice this and route it to my next preferenced gateway? Or does it only check to see if the next hop is up and if it is, thats the proxies involvement. I have to imagine SIP is smart enough to check for all this before completing a call, and cutting off communications to the proxy. Any feedback would be awesome! Maybe someone has centralized an entire dial-plan onto a SIP Proxy before? Lastly, as a bit of info they have about 80 sites ALL over the US, in most major cities. So its going to be ideal for a huge TEHO setup for some serious cost savings. Just looking for some input!

Cheers!

Chad

1 Reply 1

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

no one? :(