cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet AP - Trouble with time-based ACL

c0ldshadow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to set up a time-range ACL on my Aironet 1130AG Access Point so that users can only access the network during a certain time.

The following ACL is applied inbound on dot11radio0:

Extended IP access list 101

10 permit ip host 10.10.10.89 any

20 deny ip any any time-range NOWIRELESS (inactive)

The problem is that users are not able to connect to the network no matter what time it is with this ACL in place. When I take off the ACL it works fine. I would think access would only be blocked during the time period I have defined in NOWIRELESS.

The clock is currently:

18:04:32.366 UTC Thu Jun 26 2008

And the NOWIRELESS is:

time-range NOWIRELESS

periodic daily 16:44 to 17:00

But users are not able to connect to the wireless network no matter what time it is, with the above ACL in place. I thought this was the correct configuration to block users only during the time period above.

Not sure what the problem is here and was wondering if someone could help me out.

Thanks a ton.

Regards,

-c0ldshadow

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Coldshadow,

At first glance (I am not an expert with these :) I would think that the users would only be able to connect during this 16 minute period (16:44 to 17:00) Just curious if this is when you tried?

Access Point ACL Filter Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058ed26.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for pointing me to that link. I looked at the examples for time-based ACLs but I am a bit confused still.

Shouldn't my access list be blocking everything except one host from 16:44 to 17:00? That is what I am trying to accomplish.

Please let me know if you have any idea how I can correct this.

Thanks for your help, Rob.

Regards,

-c0ldshadow

I got it fixed by making the ACL permit during a time-range rather than denying during a time-range.

Thanks for your help, Rob!

-c0ldshadow

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card