cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.1 on Windows 2003 timezone/gmt offset problem w/syslog

mark
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of upgrading from 3.3 to 4.1 on some vmware windows 2003 servers. I want to take advantage of the new syslog feature by sending all the accounting information to our central syslog server. However when I look in the syslog the time is 7 hours in the future. Below is a log entry showing it's 9:34pm and then a date command showing it's 2:39pm.

Jun 26 21:34:32 ##.##.##.##/hotacacs CisACS_12_Replication 1ie5lxk22 1 0 AAA Server=hotacacs,status-class=INFO,text-message=Outbound replication not configured (no components selected for sending) - cycle completed,

# date

Thu Jun 26 14:39:09 PDT 2008

The times in the normal CSV reports are correct. The time on the Windows server is correct. The time on the syslog server is correct. The time in all the other log information sent to the syslog server is correct. Can anyone think of why the time in the ACS syslog is 7 hours in the future? Thanks,

Mark

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Mark,

There is a enhancement request for this issue. ACS always sends date/time in GMT format to Syslog server "CSCsi40473"

Release Note:

Symptom:

ACS always sends date/time in GMT format to Syslog server. This DDTs is an enhancement request for an option in ACS to configure time format (Local-Time or GMT) in Messages for Syslog server.

Condition:

Found on Version Rel 4.1.1.23

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks a lot. That explains it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: