Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 6.0 Installation!

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Our customer has recently purchased a CUCM 6.0(1a) software with MCS7825I3-K9-CMB1 hardware. When installing CUCM 6.0 with the Installation DVD, I got a problem with the error message: " Hardware Configuration Problem: Server has only 1 hard disk, a minimum of 2 is required", and then another one: "No Drives Found. An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem".

I've searched on Cisco.com for the messages but got no result. Could you please explain this for me and give me some workaround?

Thanks and regards,

hoanghiep

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

CallManager 6.0 requires at least 2 GB of memory. The error you are getting usually means that loader cannot find disks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

That server should have 2 gb ram. Does the server have two hdd in raid ? (sata) ? Do you see any amber lights on the front against any of the hard drives ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

The server has 2 GB RAM and 2 HDDs, it passed the media check step of the installation progress.

It's so hard to understand this!