Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 management interface lost packet severely

hetao1601
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone

I have a problem with my LAN network. The core switch are two 3550 Switch, and several access switches 2950 connect to these 3550, each has one port to one 3550. So one port is SPT forwarding, another port is SPT block on each access switch.

But these days I found it is so slow to ping one 2950's vlan 1's ip address on the core switch, and the other 2950 is normal, even just from the core switch 3550. But PCs and Servers' communication under this 2950 with other Server on other switch is ok.

I have already check this 2950's CPU and Memory Utilization, but it just around 5% CPU utilization and 30% memory utilizaion.

Is there any wrong on this switch? What can I do to check this switch?

Very Thanks for any reply.

Tao

2 Replies 2

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Were there any new devices added to these switches ?

Any change in config or switch hardwre ?

Regards,

Pravin

No, Strange symptom is the communication btw PC and PC is ok, so I guess there are just some wrong with this switch 2950's vlan 1.

I found out the traffic on the interface vlan 1 is bigger than other switch. On this switch I found the 5 minute input is always 600000 bits/sec, but other switch is 1000 or 2000 bits/sec.

If the switch can't handle, its cpu utilization must be higher, but on this switch cpu utilization is just 3% or 4%.

Anyone can supply some clues?

Thanks

Tao

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card