Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on the CallManager Express SIP auth

r-barbosa
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have a very simple question, but did not discover any material, its possible create an ephone a branch SIP with autentication, i can use with softphone x-lite for example?

Sincerely

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can do that.

However the "softphone" by cisco, called IPCP has more features and works just like a 7970 but on the PC screen, so that is the better choice.

In any case you need a proper VPN woth the remote office for this. HAving the phones work on the internet is not recommended because:

1. most residentail NAT device do no handle SIP or SCCP correctly and you have one-way voice problems.

2. Exposing a CME interface to the internet is not recommended unless you accurately configure ACLS. Reason why, you will be subject to toll fraud if you do not do that.

but I can use the softphone x-lite? I made a setup using the following configuration.

sip-ua

credentials username ricardo password 123456 realm lab-voip.com

max-forwards 10

retry keepalive 10

the logs were generated and below in attachments the x-lite has failed to register idea of where I am doing wrong now thank.

Regards.

Hi, username/password for the phone are to be put under "voice register pool". You can leave the mac address all 0, it is not used.

When troubleshooting, only use "debug ccsip message". No other debugs are necessary.

hello enter the command "voice register pool" as below.

voice register pool 1

id mac 001A.4D97.4B1A

codec g711alaw

And after that did not work, only work when inserted the following configuration.

!

voice service voip

sip

registrar server

!

But he enters with any user used the following numbers 1000, 8000, 4000, and all records, and anyway the operation.

Thank you for help

Regards

Hi, I can't understand much of what you said, try in spanish next time.

However you alnso need to configure voice register dn, and associate it to voice register pools.

Also please use codec g711u, not A.

hi,

i created the following configuration.

!

voice service voip

sip

registrar server

!

voice register dn 7

number 8000

!

voice register pool 7

id mac 001A.4D97.4B1A

number 1 dn 7

!

but in time to create the username there is not the command, it seems that need to version 4.1 of CME and i have not the version 4.0 there is not the command "voice register dialplan" i can not create the dialplan to SIP, but I believe not be necessary because of

link between a ephone sip and ephone with ccsp can be made directly because they are the same CME correct?. At the time of to link it shows me the message "Not acceptable Media." Thank you for help.

Regards.

hi,

the problem of message "Not acceptable Media." its incompatible codec, solved, thanks.

regards