Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access....im confused !

g-serghiou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

im trying to set up remote acces (i.e i wou like to be able to connect via my home ADSL, to a remote site that we have a 851 router.

I have checked many scenarios and seen many configurations but they were not very helpful..so i would like to start fresh from teh beginning.

What technologies should i be reading about.

i have come accross VPDN, cisco easy VPN etc.

Can someone point me to the correct direction, and some sample configurations if possible ,

Thank you,

George

2 Replies 2

stephen.stack
Level 4
Level 4

Hi George,

I think the easist and best way for you to do this, is by using the Cisco easyvpn feature.

Here is a complete stpe-by-step guide on doing this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_configuration_example09186a00806ad10e.shtml

This also uses Ciscos SDM gui tool.

Life is nice when its easy ;)

HTH - Please rate if it does.

Regards

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful

Hi Stephen,

thanks for the reply.

I managed to configure the router using cli (Easy vpn) but i still need to spend some time to make sure i understand all the commands fully.

One question that i want to ask (i asked this in another topic and not got an answer) is the difference in implementation of a remote access user . i mean i have seen it being configured using VPDN and cisco easy vpn !!! which one is the prefered way to go.

on more thing.

i managed to configure the router and i can connect to it using cisco VPN client but windows VPN connection will not connect. any ideas on this?

Also, please can someone tell me the commands (and give brief explanation) that i need to configure so that i can use some usernames-passwords for remote access-VPN (i want these names to be able to connect to Easy VPN but not login on router.)

i include my current configuration.

Thanks,

George