Views
Helpful
Replies

regarding FDDI token ring

jachowda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a query regarding FDDI token ring. I am looking for a switch which can support FDDI Token Ring.

The following documentation leads that Cat 5000 and Cat 3900 supports FDDI Token Ring. But those switches are End Of Sale.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/752/qrg/cpqrg_ch2_lan_switching.pdf

Need Clarification for the following queries

1) if I use Cisco X2-10GB-LX4 with Cat 4500, whether I can terminate FDDI Token Ring on the Cat4500 or not?

For more information about the X2-10GB-LX4, please check the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6574/product_data_sheet0900aecd801f92aa.html

2) We can see the default FDDI vlan in Show vlan out put. What is the use of the FDDI default vlan?

My goal is to find out an appropriate switch which supports FDDI Token ring.

Could you please check the attachment for more information about Network diagram.

Regards,

Jaganmohan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you can only buy from the used market for FDDI, Token Ring, or the two things together.

No current cisco product supports these legacy technologies anymore.

The reference to FDDI and TR VLAN in the command output is due to historical reasons and how the VLAN software is designed.

Please rate post if it helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you can only buy from the used market for FDDI, Token Ring, or the two things together.

No current cisco product supports these legacy technologies anymore.

The reference to FDDI and TR VLAN in the command output is due to historical reasons and how the VLAN software is designed.

Please rate post if it helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco