Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying WAAS

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am looking into deploying WAAS at a couple sites and thinking about doing it on my own without going through a Cisco partner. I have heard stories that WAAS is simple and easy to deploy.

Has anyone deploy WAAS successfully on your own without the help of a Cisco partner ? Please share your experience !!!

Thank you very much in advance !!!

Danny

5 Replies 5

srimural
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

WAAS is a moderately simple deployment method.

But design help in capacity sizing,redundancy and such criteria will be helpful.

Application traffic policy design can be done with your business goals in mind.

Other issue which will come is in troubleshooting part and that will require a professional help.

Regards,

Srinath.M

Cable&Wireless

+91 99809 30364

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Danny,

I would definitely play in your lab and use the quick config guide referenced here...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v4019/quick/guide/waasqcg.html

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Can you tell me what are the Pros and Cons of using Inline Network Adaptor vs WCCP for traffic interception ? and what's recommended ?

I am looking at 3 WAAS devices for my initial deployment at the moment (1 WAE for the edge router, 1 WAE for the core and 1 Central Manager)

Thanks very much !!!

Danny

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Danny,

See my response to "Application Networking: WAE Inline Adapter and High Availability" a few lines down the Conversation listing.

Basically I would recommend that you consider WCCP in the DC and inline in the branch for simplicity.

Pros for WCCP gives you flexability where you have more then 2 physical connections (inline cards support only 2 at this point). Cons are that IOS does much more then just WCCP, so you need to validate your interception points as well as features you are already running work with WCCP.

Inline is simple and easy to install. Just watch speed and duplex settings to make sure they all match (router-inline group-switch).

Dan

Dan

Hello Dan

At the data center I have a 6509 with MSFC2 and two WAN routers connecting to the 6509. My question is where do I enable WCCP for traffic redirection ?

1- Do I create another VLAN for the WAAS network and enable WCCP at the MSFC only ?

2- Do I enable WCCP on both WAN routers only ?

3- Do I enable WCCP on the WAN routers as well as the MSFC ?

Thank you very much !! I appreciate your help !!!

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: