cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid Checksum on VPN 3000 on reboot after running SNMPWALK

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

The issue the customer is seeing is that he did an SNMPWALK on the VPN that has been working for some time ok but after the snmpwalk command was done the VPN needed rebooting and upon boot up came up with the following error :

...Invalid checksum for section 7: expected 00000002, actual 00000000

NVRAM section 7 (PROBE) invalid, total invalid sections: 1

Invalid Checksum for NVRAM Section 7...Clearing contents

Or has the SNMPWALK got nothing to do with the invalid checksum.

SNMPWALK is performed by doing the following :

#snmpwalk

7 Replies 7

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

I have a VPN 3005 in my lab. What do I need to run snmpwalk. Do I need a Linus system or can I do it from a Windows system by downloading some free S/W from the Internet. I want to see if I can do snmpwalk aon my VPN3005 and see if I see a similar problem.

Have a look at this:

http://www.bradfordnetworks.com/board/board.cgi?id=BSI_Tools&action=view&gul=13&page=1&go_cnt=0

I can send you another version, but that will not be possible before 48 hours, when I go back to work.

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks Farrukh.

I will try this but if you get a chance also send me the other version.

Alphonse

Ok I will do that, no probs. However I doubt this issue would have been caused by the snmpwalk thing, its mostly SNMP get-nexts, no SNMP sets are there.

Regards

Farrukh

Farrukh,

I agree with you. The NVRAM problem must have been there even before the SNMPWALK and the reason the problem was noticed now is because after the SNMPWALK teh customer rebooted the VPN for some reason and the reboot showed the invalid checksum.

Had he done a reboot even without SNPMWALK he would have seen the problem.

I think there is a bug on the VPN concetrator that requires to re-format the FLASH file system again, after backing up the configs etc. Then it starts working again. I remembering seeing someting similar on one of the other threads.

What is your Conc Model, Software version? What is the specific error message?

Regards

Farrukh

First of all, snmpwalk is built-in on most

linux systems especially Redhat Linux. See

below:

[Expert@NGx-gw1]# snmpwalk --version

NET-SNMP version: 5.0.9

[Expert@NGx-gw1]# snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 192.168.0.203 system

SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 4.7.2.N built by vmurphy on Nov 15 2007 13:24:00

SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.3076.1.2.1.1.2.1

SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (94166985) 10 days, 21:34:29.85

SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING:

SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING:

SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING:

SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 76

[Expert@NGx-gw1]#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: