Views
Helpful
Replies

CME "CFA Rules" ?

Keith Fulcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Quick question. Is is possible to allow a user to dial a number, but block him from CFA to the same number. For Example: A user is allowed to call Mobile numbers, but is not supposed to CFA to a Mobile numbers. Anyone try this?

5 Replies 5

kumar3880
Level 1
Level 1

hi i suppose we can assign a CSS to the CFA so tht calls may not be forwarded any numbers outside the CSS.

regards

kumars

Using Call Manger Express?

Kumar,

the question is about CME, not CM, so CSS do not apply.

Fulcherke, if you're trying to prevent call-forward to external numbers, the easier way is to limit tha maximum number of digits. You can do that with "call-forward max-length" under ephone-dn-template.

Not really to external numbers, but to specific numbers. Normally I would agree with your assessment about the Max number of digits. However, this is a SRST CME for a large company with a long internal number plan. In Germany (where I am at) there is not a set 10 digit number dial plan, so I can not set a max-number without colliding with the users right to CFA Internally. Is there such a thing as Cor lists that can be applied to CFA? I know this is an off the wall question, but I figured someone might have tried it out.

It may be a bit complicated to do that.

The reason is because I think the "transfer-pattern" command do not apply to CF.

I will revert back to you once I can suggest a solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: