cvp installation and licensing doubts

Unanswered Question
Jun 26th, 2008

Hi

I have a cvp 4.1 with vxml,call server and an ops console to be installed at a customer site which might begin next month.I had some installation and licensing doubts.I have to install a vxml server along with call server on 1 system and and ops console on to another system.

1 When i check the installation guide it gives me an option to select core software and vxml but if i dont want the ops console to be installed here and want the ops console on a different system then how do i do it?

2 For the call server lic i need to give the system id so can i get this from the ops console for the call servers and if there are 2 call servers would it give me the system id for both.

3 Also about the redundancy in cvp do we have a public and a private connection in cvp for communication between the 2 call servers.

Thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

You don't have "doubts" - you have questions. A quirk of language, no doubt.

Ops Console on one machine; Coresident Call Server and VXML server on the other. You can do this - look carefully at the options. Select "Core" and "VXML Server" on the "Select Packages" screen on both machines. On the coresident box - on the "Core Software Settings" screen, check "Enable Call Server" and don't check "Enable Ops Console".

On the other box, don't check "Enable Call Server" and check "Enable Ops Console".

Doesn't matter much - you can fix anything later through the services.msc. They are just services, so if in doubt, check everything and disable what you don't need later.

For the Call Server licence, you need the MAC address. For the CVP VXML licence, you need the system ID. Two different licences.

You don't have 2 Call Servers - you said you had a Coresident setup. But if you did, the answer is no. Redundancy is handled outside of the box through a number of different methods, quite different for SIP and H.323.

At this stage I would suggest CVP training.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion