JDBC Drivers for CVP

Unanswered Question
Jun 27th, 2008

I'm running CVP v4.1 and am using Unified Call Studio 6.0(1) to develop applications that read/write to MSSQL databases using the “Database Element” within studio. I've downloaded and configured i-net (www.inetsoftware.de) OPTA JDBC 2.0 + driver for MS SQL Server. This allows me to create a JDNI connection in Tomcat and then use the Database Element in CVP Studio to talk to a MSSQL database, this works fine.

I'd like to know whether anyone has successfully got this mechanism working with any other drivers other than those produced by iNet?

I've tried the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC SP3 but cannot get this working, is this driver supported or any driver from Microsoft supported in a CVP environment?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

I asked this question of Sunny Kumar of Cisco (ex Audium) at Cisco Live yesterday. This was at the break-out session "BRKCCT-3015 - Advanced Speech Self-Service Design and Implementation in Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal Studio". I can tell you quite frankly that it was neither "advanced" or "speech" focused - but that's another topic for another day.

He did not know what I was talking about. He said it could not be Audium doing that, but was a restriction of Tomcat. I found this hard to believe, since it is Audium who mentioned regarding the User Database that they support MySQL; and MS SQL only through the driver you noted.

I tried to amplify, but it was a lost cause and I withdrew without pushing the point. Sad that I could not get the info I wanted.

This Discussion