cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy based for Terminal Services Traffic - two links

blairparker
Level 1
Level 1

I have two ethernet interfaces with one running at 100mb and the other 10mb. Most users will use the 100mb link, but I want to use the 10mb link for Terminal Services traffic. I also want the Terminal Services traffic to failover to the 100mb link if the 10mb link is not availible. I do not want to drop any Terminal Services traffic. Ideas?

I am using EIGRP, 2621 and a 2821.

1 Reply 1

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

Any routing that is not based on the destination address will need to be done via policy routing.

Just search for PBR or policy routing. You will need to do this on both ends since policy routing is applied as the traffic enters the router and is used to override the routing table. You can do it on only one end but then may use different paths coming and going.

Auto switch over will mostly work but the key being what you mean by "not available". If you mean DOWN then PBR will work by itself. Unlike a real point to point stuff the is delivered via ethernet will be in a up condition but not really be able pass trafic.

For issues like this you need to use the track option with PBR so he can know when you get a fault. This link is for multi object tracking but you will need just a single object.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gtpbrtrk.html#wp1054149

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card