cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config Archive job failed

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

almost all my devices config Archive job failed continue for week and so. here the

reasons for failure I got from RME

1-CM0210 Unable to generate processed config

2-/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/temp/5463-20080623232004.proc

(No such file or directory)many like with different temp file name.

any help!! thank you in advance.

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/temp directory exist? What are its permissions?

yes it exist with read,write and execute permission.

thank you for your help!

Who owns it? What about all of the parent directories up to /?

owner is casuser

and the parent full path /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/temp

one other things I have noticed on the reason for failure...

"/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/devfiles/5325/PRIMARY/STARTUP/1/assoc/5325-20080628180212.proc (No space left on device)

I don't know which device talking about!! talking may be about my hard drive on server

or on specific file space.

thank you so much

I need you to show me the permissions of /var, /var/adm, /var/adm/CSCOpx, /var/adm/CSCOpx/files, /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme , and /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma.

This "no space left on device" error refers to disk space on the /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/devfiles/5325/PRIMARY/STARTUP/1/assoc file system. Post the df -h output under that directory.

I have attached the output and the permission. J

other maybe related

when I do root@server[/] # for i in `ls -1 /var`; do

> du -s ${i}

> done

get the opt directory space hold 1684916 opt

everything else 0 is that normal, I have attached the output. I'm curious because the drive space goes 81% just withing last 3 days from 67%. I couldn't control this hard drive space issue. do I need open TAC case to check

this chronic issue? thank you so much J.

This isn't what I wanted. I want the ls -ld output of every directory leading up to /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/temp. At this point, disk space should be sufficient to create config files, but it may be fluctuating causing temporary failures. LMS doesn't use /var/opt (HPOV does), so you may want to look at what else is installed on this server, and see what you can do to optimize disk space usage. If you have other applications installed, you might want to remove them, and dedicate this server to LMS.

J. I have attached the ls -ld output for all path. about Opt directory if not to related to LMS.I am going to remove it.This box is dedicated for LMS. may be someone on the past loaded HPOV.

thanks

These permissions are fine. I would not just delete /var/opt. You may have other, Solaris-specific things, installed there. Make sure nothing vital exists before remove its contents.

what's is your recommendation to solve this issue here is my current config archive result

those result is the same since last week on my config archive job. that's running every night

49 : Success

1039 : Failed

1406 : Partially Successful

* any service stop or restart!!!

There's not enough information to give a recommendation. Restarting a daemon is most likely not going to fix anything. You'll need to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging, then run a config sync job for ONE failing device, and collect the dcmaservice.log.

how to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging?

thanks

Go to RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, and select ArchiveMgmt from the application list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: