call routing

Unanswered Question
Jun 27th, 2008

IPCC ent, CVP 3.1, CCM 4.2.3

We have a setup where calls are queued at each site and play messages at each site (stored on the local gateway). One of our call centers is shutting down, and we are going to keep the equipment there. There are skill groups (example sales, service) at each site which do the same thing and answer the same questions, just geographically separated. My question is, if I just change the queue to skill group to another site, will the queuing actually go over the WAN, or stay local as it always has? I figure I could either make the agents in other sites part of that location's skill group (which works, just more of a headache for supervisors), or keep the scripts basically the same for that location, just change the queue to skill group to the other locations instead of that local skill group. Any ideas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Sun, 06/29/2008 - 13:44

I believe you are doing this with BACD on CME? I don't believe queueing to phones off the router would work with BACD?

jbyron Sun, 06/29/2008 - 14:14

Changing the skill group will have no effect on where the caller gets queued. The queuing occurs on whatever gateway the gatekeeper has selected for the network VRU label that is configured in ICM. Alternatively, the caller can be queued on the same gateway from which the call arrived if you are using the SetTransferLabel option in CVP vbadmin. So it all boils down to your gatekeeper config and if you are using SetTransferLabel.

kre8or2007 Mon, 06/30/2008 - 05:39

Is there a way to check the gateway to see if or how many calls are queued on it? I don't have much experience with CVP, is there a document somewhere explaining how to check configurations?

This Discussion