Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 inventory part number report

steffen.plorin
Level 1
Level 1

He Experts,

I looking for a report from LMS 2.6 fpr part numbers.I hang around RME custom template reports. Is there a list anywhere what describe the Inventory Group and Attribute in Details, or and has someone a suggestion how to get the part number report ?

Danke Gruss Steffen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Some objects will not be populated for some devices due to lack of instrumentation on the device. Sometimes upgrading device code will help, other times there is nothing that can be done.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best thing to do is to run a Detailed Device Report for the device in question, and find the section which contains the information you want. For example, if you're looking for module part numbers, the module section is what you want. You can use this as a way of understanding what each Inventory Group can provide.

I think you'll want a custom report template like the following to get just about all possible part numbers:

Module:Vendor Type

AND:Chassis:Chassis Model Name

AND:Chassis:Chassis Vendor Type

AND:Processor:Model Name

AND:Processor:Vendor Type

AND:Asset:Orderable Part Number

AND:Module:Model Name

He JClarke,

I have done the custom report what you suggest. Just wondering a lot of fields are with N/A and this is why I'm not able to provide a report. The need is to send a report to smartnet with all cisco part number for maintenance. How can I do it, if some fields in Chassis Model Name some in Chassis Vendor Type etc. are set with N/A ?

Danke Gruss Steffen

Some objects will not be populated for some devices due to lack of instrumentation on the device. Sometimes upgrading device code will help, other times there is nothing that can be done.

He JClarke,

this make it clear, cool Danke Gruss Steffen