cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone lock using pin

antony-indonusa
Level 1
Level 1

is there ip phone feature that allow lock/unlock phone using PIN??

I needed to prevent someone using anyone phone.

thanks

6 Replies 6

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

it sounds like what you want is extension mobility. This allows you to log in and out of a phones!

HTH,

Chad

thanks I'll try to find out about it.

is it works using analog phone??

For 3rd party Phone Lock application please contact info@parsec-tech.com

grebac.2ring
Level 5
Level 5

You should also have a look at www.2Ring.com/NewJuice

Michal (2Ring)

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you have definitely forgotten your Android PIN, then here are some ways to unlock your phone.

1. Unlock With Smart Lock
Smart Lock is an Android feature that lets you specify certain conditions that bypass your lock screen security. You'll find it under Settings > Security > Smart lock on most phones, or Settings > Lock Screen > Smart Lock Type on Samsung devices.

However, you must have set it up before you forgot your PIN!

2 Images
Android smart lock option
smart lock options
You're required to input your current lock password to make changes to the feature. Then you can choose five possible options to unlock your smartphone without a password:

On-body detection: The phone senses that you're carrying it and automatically stays unlocked while it's in your hands or your pocket.
Trusted places: Uses your location to unlock your phone when you're near an address that you've selected.
Trusted devices: Keeps your device unlocked when connected to a trusted Bluetooth device, like your fitness tracker or car.
Trusted face: Uses facial recognition to unlock your phone.
Voice match: When it recognizes your trusted voice, it unlocks your phone. Unfortunately, this option was discontinued in Android 8 Oreo and beyond, although it still works on earlier devices.

If you've already set up one or more of these options before you forgot your password, you can use it to get back into your phone.

However, you can't change Smart Lock or password settings without entering your current password. Thus, you may still need to factory reset your Android phone, but at least you can back everything up first.

2. Options for Samsung Devices
Have a Samsung device? Thankfully, the company offers a couple of ways to reset your lock code if you forget it.

Using Backup PIN (Older Android Versions Only)
2 Images
backup pin Android
Enter Backup PIN Android
If you have an old Samsung phone running Android 4.4 KitKat or earlier, you may have set a backup PIN. After entering your password or pattern incorrectly, follow these steps:

Tap on the Backup PIN option if you can remember it.
Type in your PIN code, then tap Done.
You will be redirected to the Screen Unlock settings to reset the lock screen pattern.
Find My Mobile (All Android Versions)
samsung find my device website
You don't have to be concerned if you've forgotten your device's screen lock code (e.g., PIN, password, or pattern).

For all of its phones, Samsung offers a feature that lets you remotely manage the device if you lose it. You'll need to be signed in to your Samsung Account on your phone and must have either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.

To reset your phone's passcode through Find My Mobile, follow these steps:

On your computer, navigate to findmymobile.samsung.com.
Now, sign in to your Samsung account.
Once done, go to the Unlock my Device option and follow the instructions.
3. Use the Forgot PIN Prompt
If you have an older phone with Android 4.4 KitKat or earlier, you can reset your passcode through the lock screen. This uses your Google account and requires the following steps:

Input the wrong pattern into the lock screen until you see a You have made several unsuccessful attempts. Try again in 30 seconds message.
Tap on Forgot Pattern, and you'll see a prompt to enter your Google account information.
Type in your email address and password.
You now have the option of resetting your lock screen pattern. Simply tap on the Sign-in tab, then go to the Screen Unlock settings and set a new lock screen pattern.
Unfortunately, Google removed this option in modern versions of Android.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez