cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP route

jagdev.dhaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

Is this possible that I can route traffic of a specific vlan through a specific route.

Is this possible through static or for this I have to use PBR or is there any other method available.

Thankx

Jagdev

5 Replies 5

mohiuddin3
Level 1
Level 1

You can use static route specifying the network of the vlan as source.

can you tell the syntext for the same

thanks

jagdev

For PBR this page has nice, easy to understand sample config's with copy's of running config too.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/qos/configuration/guide/qcpolicy.html

If you need more help tell me the Vlan you want to route from to apply the policy and the route to destintion next hop or egress interface and I will work the command out for you.

ccannon88567
Level 1
Level 1

I would use Policy Based Routing to accomplish this.

We have some "lunch time" internet pc's on a vlan and we use PBR to route this vlan through a cheap ADSL connection so that we keep our leased line and remote users citrix traffic free from the disruption of the lunchtime surfers. Something like this is a relatively simple PBR. More advanced PBR can be used to change DSCP based on source or destination IP, port and so on...

mpatus
Level 1
Level 1

Policy based routing is the correct way to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: