Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS: Processes shut down automatically

Hi,

We are running LMS 3.0.1 with Common Service version:3.1.1 and Campus Manager Version:5.0.2.

Every time we need to start most of the processes(Common Services>Server>Processes) because every time all the processess are

stoped with a Process State " Administrator has shut down this server".

After restarting all stoped processes after 7-8 hours again all the Processes will stop automatically.

Please helpe out!!

Thanks & Regards,

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Non-transient processes don't stop on their own. Check to see if any processes have a failed state. If so, then that is a place to start troubleshooting. You should also check if anyone is doing any software or package updates, or if there is any script being run periodically which takes down daemons (especially if the daemons go down at the same time every day). Some tools on Windows which act as service watchdogs have been known to interfere with LMS. If you are managing CiscoWorks services by something other than the Daemon Manager, turn that off.

I am experiencing the same problem

DFMCTMStartup and DataPurge processes are shutdown

The ProcessState said " Administrator has shut down this server " and they will not start when i try to start them.

FYI

there is no software or package updates taking place. Neither is any periodic scripts running. I am using only the Daemon Manager

Your help will be appreciated

thanks

These two processes are allowed to be down. "Administrator has shut down this server" is a valid state for these two processes.

thank you for your quick responds

But how do i resolve below Problem from my Critical Message Window Portlet

Processes DFMCTMStartup, DataPurge are down

Log files CVDeviceSelector.log.*, psu.log.* exceeded the recommended size limit

i have run

perl logBackup.pl -force -dir D:\LMSBackups

but the file size for PSU.log* is 4000

while CVDeviceSelector.log* is 10240

These numbers stay the same after running the perl script

what am i doing wrong

thanks

This issue has nothing to do with this thread. Please start a new thread about your log file sizes.

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

It seems I have the same problem.

Did you solve it and if yes, how, please ?

Thanks and regards

Caroline

If you see this issue ensure the server is patched to latest versions,

if starting with LMS 3.0.1 that means:

December 2007 updates

DFM 3.0.3

(obviously do campus/device updates for rme and cv and common service patches too)

If you problem is that DFMCTMStartup and DataPurge are shown as Down in Critical Message window, you are hit by Bug CSCsj32177.

It's a false alarm, not a serious problem with your server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: