Views
Helpful
Replies

EoMPLS and VPLS on 7600

frenzeus
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Appreciate any pointers on this. I have a 7609 Sup720-3BXL and uses 7600-ES20-10G3CXL or SIP-400/SPA-1x10GE for Core facing connectivity (p-pe). On the attachment circuit (AC) end, i have a WS-X6724-SFP.

Question: Is it possible to have EoMPLS:Port-mode or VLAN-mode co-existing with a VPLS setup on the same box? The EoMPLS P2P circuits are independent of the M2M VPLS VSI.

Example configuration on 7609:

EoMPLS P2P:

interface GigabitEthernet1/23.200

description P2P EoMPLS to R2

encapsulation dot1q 200

xconnect 1.1.2.2 200 encapsulation mpls

!

VPLS M2M:

interface GigabitEthernet1/24

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 100-199

switchport mode trunk

!

interface Vlan100

description M2M VPLS to R3 & R4

xconnect vfi V100

!

l2 vfi V100 manual

vpn id 100

neighbor 1.1.3.3 encapsulation mpls

neighbor 1.1.4.4 encapsulation mpls

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

No problem for them to coexist but take care of a critical point though, because point-to-point and VPLS Layer 2 VPNs share the same Pseudowire ID space (since targeted LDP is used for both), you need to ensure that VPN IDs that are used in VPLS do not overlap with Pseudowire IDs that are used in point-to-point Layer 2 VPNs.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

No problem for them to coexist but take care of a critical point though, because point-to-point and VPLS Layer 2 VPNs share the same Pseudowire ID space (since targeted LDP is used for both), you need to ensure that VPN IDs that are used in VPLS do not overlap with Pseudowire IDs that are used in point-to-point Layer 2 VPNs.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for the feedback. When u mention Pseudowire IDs for p2p L2VPN, you are actually referring to the VCID? (xconnect 1.1.2.2 encapsulation mpls)

Also, do you have any good links or recommended readings for setting up carrier ethernet at the edge with 1xUPE-2xNPE redundancy scenarios with loop prevention mechanisms? I have run through the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/zz_trash/mp_hvpls_npe_red_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

but am looking for more detailed readings on this kind of setup and integrating between REP and MSTP for H-VPLS.

Hi Hon Wah Tse,

You are very welcomed, yes the pseudowire ID is the VCID stated in the xconnect command, it is just a generic convention.

I haven't practically tested a VPLS multihomed scenario, but a nice case study that I've seen was in the Layer 2 VPN Architecture book, Case Study 15-5: Multihoming.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks a lot. You've been very helpful! Appreciate it.

Hi,

You are very welcomed, enjoy :)

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

manav.joshi
Level 1
Level 1

One can have both VSI & sub-interface based EoMPLS & VPLS if the uplinks is ES-20/SIP-600 and OSM cards.

One can only support sub-interface based based EoMPLS if uptime is anything other than the ones stated above