Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Shared Line

Hi,

I guess I can have a shared line configuration among multiple users. I was wondering how unity is going behave in this scenario.

Following are my queries -

Will the MWI be sent to all the phones sharing the same DN?

What happens on other phones when message is checked from one of the phones?

While sizing unity do I need one user license per shared line DN or I need multiple user license. Lets say I have 4 phones sharing single DN, so do I go for 4 user license or just one?

Thanks.

-> Sushil

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sushil,

How are things buddy? (hopefully great!)

Generally Shared Lines are not the Prime Line (Line 1) on the various members in the group of phones, so you may need to tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the xxxx (shared line) Line appearances;

For the Line Setting on xxxx (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Secondary lines on each phone. Otherwise you will just get the "Flashing Envelope" Icon for new messages.

When the message is checked from any of the shared line phones the MWI Lamp will be extinguished on all others.

This mialbox will require one 1 single License.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob, thing are alright. Hope the same for you.

Thanks for the quickie Rob.

In my scenarion the phones are going to be used in residential appartments. So each appartment would have let's say 3 phones and all the phones would have the same DN as primary line (line 1), unlike corporate/enterprise deployments.

Would Message Lamp Setting tweaking still be required in this scenario?

Rest all queries are answered :)

Thanks Rob.

-> Sushil

Hey Sushil,

Life is good (but filled with Ups and Downs like always :)

This sounds like a very nice residential setup for sure. In this scenario you will not need to tweak the setting I referred to earlier. You should be good to go!

Take care my friend,

Rob

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the clarification.

Things are crystal clear now :)

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: