cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE issue

singh-ashok
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUE 2.2 on a 2821 router, router software version is 12.3(8r)T7.

I have noticed a weird issue - some Voice Mail accounts deleted long back have a habit of showing up again on the GUI. I have not re-created them again at any point of time & they just seem like ghost accounts.

Is it related to any IOS bug? Or is there any config which can solve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ashok..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ashok,

I'm not in the office at the moment, so can't test this out in the lab, but do you know if after deleting an account in the web GUI, if the change is written to the startup configuration of the CUE? Or does one have to then write the configuration to memory so that the startup configuration is also updated? The theory is that the change was made but not written to startup, then later when the CUE was reloaded, the accounts were recreated since they were still in the startup configuration.

Michael.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ashok,

I'm not in the office at the moment, so can't test this out in the lab, but do you know if after deleting an account in the web GUI, if the change is written to the startup configuration of the CUE? Or does one have to then write the configuration to memory so that the startup configuration is also updated? The theory is that the change was made but not written to startup, then later when the CUE was reloaded, the accounts were recreated since they were still in the startup configuration.

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot. Makes perfect sense.

To answer your queries :

-> I didn't do a "wr mem" after deleting all the old accounts from CUE GUI.

-> The router hosting the CUE module got rebooted yesterday. It's not a co-incidence that only after that I saw all the old " ghost" accounts.

Take care & have a nice evening.

Regards,

Ashok.

Michael,

One more question - how do all the new accounts stay in the CUE GUI even after the router reboots & I don't do a wr mem.

Or is this applicable only for removal of VM accounts.

Regards,

Ashok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: