CUCM 6.0 - Timing call control

Unanswered Question
Jun 30th, 2008

Hi guys, I'm configuring different restrictions for calls in CUCM 6.0. Does anyone know how to configure calls with timing control? I mean, I want to control the duration of a call to the PSTN (for example: a maximun of 5 minutes), after this time the call should be terminated.

Is it possible to get that level of control?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

David

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Michael Owuor Mon, 06/30/2008 - 07:16

Hi David,

There is a clusterwide Service Parameter that may do what you want:

Maximum Call Duration Timer: This parameter specifies the minutes that a call can remain active before Cisco CallManager clears it. A value of zero disables the timer.

Default: 720

Minimum: 0

Maximum: 35791

Unit: min

Steps to configure:

Step 1 - In CallManager Administration, select System > Service Parameters.

Step 2 - In the Server drop-down list, choose a server.

Step 3 - In the Service drop-down list, choose Cisco CallManager. The Service Parameters Configuration window appears.

Step 4 - In the Clusterwide Parameters section, specify a Maximum Call Duration Timer setting.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

david-lima Mon, 06/30/2008 - 10:35

Great option, thanks Michael. Just this one: Is there a way to define a different call duration timer for each IP Phone?

Thanks again

David

Michael Owuor Mon, 06/30/2008 - 10:48

Hi David,

The answer, unfortunately, is no. Today, the parameter applies cluster wide only, so to all phones in the cluster. You might contact your account team for help with getting a feature request submitted, if its not already on the roadmap.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

Actions

This Discussion