cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0 - Timing call control

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys, I'm configuring different restrictions for calls in CUCM 6.0. Does anyone know how to configure calls with timing control? I mean, I want to control the duration of a call to the PSTN (for example: a maximun of 5 minutes), after this time the call should be terminated.

Is it possible to get that level of control?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

David

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

There is a clusterwide Service Parameter that may do what you want:

Maximum Call Duration Timer: This parameter specifies the minutes that a call can remain active before Cisco CallManager clears it. A value of zero disables the timer.

Default: 720

Minimum: 0

Maximum: 35791

Unit: min

Steps to configure:

Step 1 - In CallManager Administration, select System > Service Parameters.

Step 2 - In the Server drop-down list, choose a server.

Step 3 - In the Service drop-down list, choose Cisco CallManager. The Service Parameters Configuration window appears.

Step 4 - In the Clusterwide Parameters section, specify a Maximum Call Duration Timer setting.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

Great option, thanks Michael. Just this one: Is there a way to define a different call duration timer for each IP Phone?

Thanks again

David

Hi David,

The answer, unfortunately, is no. Today, the parameter applies cluster wide only, so to all phones in the cluster. You might contact your account team for help with getting a feature request submitted, if its not already on the roadmap.

Hope this helps.

Michael.