Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cannot Update Phones

jeff.heckart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been running CUCM 6.1.1.3000-2 for about a month now, and ran into the problem today that any updates that I make to phones will not take effect.

In addition, when I delete a phone, and go as far as a hardware reset (hold down # on startup) the phone will still register as normal.

Phones are registering fine, and are functioning, I just cannot make a change.

I have restarted tftp, and dbl. This is a single server deployment, so all the phones are registered to the only PUB.

What else should I look at?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

we restarted RIS, DBL, ACISCODB and TOMCAT. at the time the guy was not willing to restart CCM, so that's the only one we could not try. later on during the night he rebooted the server but the traces were not enabled so we could not get a root cause

you can try those services, maybe with you they do the trick

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i saw a similar issue like this on which the GUI would show the changes but the DB would not change (we confirmed what was on the trace using QRYs in the DB directly and they matched), a reboot cleared the issue

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Jaime,

Thanks for the response. I was afraid of that.

Did you try restarting other services? I would like to avoid a reboot as this is a single ccm deployment, but if that's the only option, I'll give it a shot.

Jeff

we restarted RIS, DBL, ACISCODB and TOMCAT. at the time the guy was not willing to restart CCM, so that's the only one we could not try. later on during the night he rebooted the server but the traces were not enabled so we could not get a root cause

you can try those services, maybe with you they do the trick

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I went ahead and rebooted. I wish I knew of another way to handle it, should it come up again, but it least that resolved it this time.

Thanks

We're on 6.1.1.2000-3 here and are seeing the issue today (I spent the whole day thinking I was finally losing my mind). Did anybody find a root cause or service that can be restarted as opposed to the whole server? Is there an open bug on this?

Tx.

i believe so far no one has had a TAC case and provided all the info to review so no bugs for this

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: