Views
Helpful
Replies

extract data from IPCC express

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Is it possible to extract data from the IPCC SQL database, and to use this data to make some customized reporting?

I have IPCC standard.

Thanks,

Bye,

JH

10 Replies 10

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

Absolutely. What version of Express are you running?

Hi,

IPCC 4.5 standard

Thanks Joe,

How do actually connect to the IPCC? It is not SQl, but MSDE. How would you connect to this database?

JH

I have the exact same question. Ive already downloaded the schema just need to know how too connect.

Thanks,

SF

c-pinilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need IPCC Express Premium to use database connectors in your scripts.

If you only need extracting data to do reporting, the MSDE instance is running under Server_IP\CRSSQL. You can create an ODBC connection to access the database.

You can also use Crystal Reports to integrate the new customized reports with the CRS Historical Reporting Tool.

Regards,

Carlos

Thank you all, made it work. I installed enterprise manager on the IPCC created the user I wanted to use to connect. And now we have access and can extract the information we want.

JH

can you tell us which enterpise did you install ?

IPCC 4.x uses Microsoft SQL 2000 (MSDE) if you haven't purchased the Cisco SKU for full SQL Server.

SQL 2000 enterprise manager

JH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: