Views
Helpful
Replies

CW obj file definitions

cdalrymple
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to obtain the object definition for

com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.jobutils.DcmaJobResult. This is generated by the config compliance job function of RME. We would like to utilize the information in this file for post processing. Also, the definitions for ResultSummary.obj and CompareResult.obj would be helpful, however, I can "dump" these using the toString() function of the java.Object superclass. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is proprietary information, and cannot be given out. However, the results text file can be parsed to give you details about the job completion status.

Yeah, I kinda knew that. I was trying to avoid parsing the file -- its a lot easier to retrieve the property of an object than it is to parse files -- at least for me anyway. Also, if the output format changes, your parser can be rendered useless. Looking at a dump of the file it would appear that the data in the results.txt file is a property to the object.

The results text file is built using the methods and properties of the serialized Java classes, but I cannot share that API with you. We do not publish our APIs as they are subject to change, and TAC does not support direct access to database objects or code objects.

That said, the results text file format is unlikely to change much in its layout from release to release. It wouldn't be too difficult to maintain a regular expression parser for it.