cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

silent monitoring in CUCM 6.0

jose_gomez
Level 1
Level 1

According to the link below, Silent monitoring is possible with the CUCM 6.0 only and the IPCC is not needed. All it takes is 3rd generation IP phones and a software client installed in the supervisor PC.

I just want to do silent monitoring and I would like to confirm if I need additional components from those that I mentioned.

Thanks,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmr.html

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jose,

The need for **IPCC is inferred here :( Sadly, the doc doesn't just come right out and say it. Here is the first paragraph;

Monitoring and Recording

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Call centers need to be able to guarantee the quality of customer service that an agent in a call center provides. To protect themselves from legal liability, call centers need to be able to archive agent-customer conversations.

The Silent Call Monitoring feature allows a supervisor to eavesdrop on a conversation between an agent and a customer without allowing the agent to detect the monitoring session.

The Call Recording feature allows system administrators or authorized personnel to archive conversations between the agent and the customer.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager supports the Silent Call Monitoring and Call Recording features only within a single cluster.

The Silent Monitoring and Call Recording features specify generic features in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Cisco makes these features available to any deployment or installation where monitoring- and recording-enabled applications are available. Descriptions in this document use terms such as supervisor, agent, and customer to refer to the parties that participate in call monitoring and recording sessions.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: